Ruby is a dynamic, object-oriented scripting language that is used to develop websites and mobile apps. Ruby was developed for simple and easy writing. Ruby Rails powers the framework, which is used in Scribd, GitHub, Groupon, and Shopify. Like Python, Ruby is also considered user-friendly for beginners.
What is Ruby on Rails?
Ruby on Rails is a web development framework written in Ruby programming language. Ruby programming language was created by Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto in Japan. Since its public release in 1995, it has emerged as a very powerful Popular Language tool to create dynamic web applications. The rails have been adopted by many companies such as Disney, GitHub, Kickstarter, Twitter, Yellow Pages, etc.
Ruby on Rails is very easy to use web application development frameworks, so the rails are growing very fast and the developers knowing it has a lot of demand in the web development market. On the date of today, the communities working on the Rails are very vibrant and active. Community programmers write blogs, give coaching, do seminars, organ sub-organisms and keep conferences in different places. From this, he enjoys technology with learning at every step and moving forward.
Ruby is also completely free. Not only free of charge, but also free to use, copy, modify, and distribute.
Why are the Rails so popular?
Ruby on Rails is open source and available with MIT license, so that’s why it costs a lot to download and use it. One of the reasons for the success of the rails is its elegant and compact design.
y = 7.plus 5
# y is now equal to 12
Features of Ruby
- Ruby is a server-side scripting language similar to Python and PERL.
- Ruby is open-source and is freely available on the Web, but it is subject to a license.
- Ruby is a general-purpose, interpreted programming language.
- Ruby can be installed in Windows and POSIX environments.
- Ruby support many GUI tools such as Tcl/Tk, GTK, and OpenGL.
- Ruby can easily be connected to DB2, MySQL, Oracle, and Sybase.
- Ruby has a clean and easy syntax that allows a new developer to learn very quickly and easily.
- Ruby has a similar syntax to that of many programming languages such as C++ and Perl.
- Ruby is very much scalable and big programs written in Ruby are easily maintainable.
- Ruby is a true object-oriented programming language.
- Ruby can be used to write Common Gateway Interface (CGI) scripts.
- Ruby can be embedded into Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
- Ruby can be used for developing Internet and intranet applications.
- Ruby has a rich set of built-in functions, which can be used directly into Ruby scripts.